July 11, 2013

Retro Thursday - "Satyr"

"Satyr" - Red and white Conté   8" x 12"

Digging through the archives I found this drawing I did back in '97.  I forget the model's name.  I was taking a photography class at the Maryland Institute College of Art at the time of this reference.  I do remember he was coated in gold paint from head to foot à la Jill Masterson in the movie Goldfinger.  I did a painting or two from this session  as well. In the coming weeks and months I will be airing out some obscure work that has been seen by relatively few eyes.  I hope you enjoy.

3 comments:

Deb O said...

He's beautiful, Mark!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

A gold painted model sounds pretty intriguing. I hope he did not suffer adverse effects from the paint.

Mark Adams said...

No worries, Diana. We used safe theatrical body paint on the model.